Saturday, November 14, 2015

Control Panel Lives!

I've recently upgraded to Windows 10 on my main desktop, and discovered the Control Panel was replaced by 'Settings'. I was somewhat disappointed, but made do anyway. Up until today, where I figured out how to access the original Windows 7 control panel. All you have to do is go to the start menu, click 'File Explorer', right click any where in the file explorer window where there is not a drive or a network device listed, then click 'Properties'. This brings you to the familiar Windows 7 system properties screen, where you view stuff like processor type and amount of ram and stuff. If you want to go further to the original control panel, click the 'Control Panel Home' button in the top left. I just found this today, entirely on accident. If you guys think there might be other hidden holdover functions, let me know and I'll explore them!

No comments:

Post a Comment